Dr Jef Burk
Dr Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

my boyfriends condom broke but he didnt cum in me, i had my

Customer Question

my boyfriends condom broke but he didnt cum in me, i had my period on the 23 and had sex on the 1, when we noticed that the condom broke we stoped because he wasnt fitting inside of me with it broke we did do it for about 15 min we checked for precum and didnt see any in the condom or in the tip of his penis whats the chances of me becomeing pregnet
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  doctor_charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello

As the condom breaks... it's like not using a condom at all.As you are saying that the precum or sperm was not released,neither was found on the tip of his penis.Also you are not in ovulation period.So all this suggests that there is very little chance that you can become pregnant.But the chances are not zero.

As there was a type of unprotected sex,unknowingly there may be precum discharge containg sperm which can make you pregnant.

So there is a very slim chance that you can become pregnant.

Regards

Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have been sick throwing up and caughing majorly before and after that time of haveing sex does that reduce the risk of me being pregnate too ?

Expert:  Dr Jef Burk replied 5 years ago.
Hi

Sorry to interupt.

Was his penis inside you when the condom split?

Dr Jef
Your coughing & throwing up will not alter much the chances of being pregnant.There is a very slim chance that you can become pregnant.

Regards

Dr.Charles

Hi

Was Jan 23rd the first or last day of your period?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes jan 23rd was the first day of my period why?
Hi

The codom broke 9 days latter?

Did the condom break when he was inside?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

we dont know if the condom broke when he was inside or not we kept looking down and everything was fine then all of a sudden he couldnt fit no more and we tried to put it in a few times then he got up and the condom was ripped and wrapped around his shaft we stoped haveing sex after we noticed it was broke there was no signs of precum and he did not have a orgasm nothing was on the condom or at the tip of his penis i had the start of my period on march 23rd and we had sex feb 1

Hi

If your periods are regular , period on Jan 23rd and sex on Feb 1st then there is a potential problem.

Going by your dates you will have ovulated on Feb 1st-2nd and the burst condom puts you at risk of pregnancy - even if you could not see to pre-ejaculate.

The only sensible action is to seek emergency contraception - ASAP.

Dr Jef
PS

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ovulation-calculator.html

You can double check for yourself by using this ovulation calculator.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
why would i ovulate after 9 days ??
Hi

The date of ovulation is an estimate.

Be aware thet sperm can remain viable on your tubes for at least 5 days after sex.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne you need to do something!

Burst condoms are responsible for countless unplanned pregnancies.

Dr Jef

http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what is the average amount of time sperm usually can live in my body precum is weaker and if i had any sperm in me it would be precum the max is 5 days but whats the average

Hi

Pre-cum contain sperm - 5 days is average - the max documented is 10 days.

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have 2 of you doctors kinda telling me diff storys and im confused one says that if the condom breaks i havea high risk of pregnancy and the other says thers a very slim chances and i should be clear i dont understand?