Dr Patty
Dr Patty, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  OB/GYN 35 years of practice including teaching, pregnancy & GYN issues

is there anyway i can stop my period while im on holiday my

Customer Question

is there anyway i can stop my period while im on holiday? my holiday starts feb27 until march 16 and at the end of feb i should have my cycle start. my cycle has not started yet but is due any day now how can i stop it for my holidays is there a pill or herb i can take?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
If you aren't already on the pill, the only other way is to ask your doctor for a prescription for Norethisterone which is a type of progesterone. If you start taking it 3-4 days before your expected period, you will skip your period. You may get some breakthrough bleeding, but you will completely skip your period. Once you stop taking it, it will take a couple days for your period to return. This would be the only way to skip your period.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are there any risks or side effects if i trake this pill i am 43 years old
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
There are certain medical conditions that if you have them, you should not take this pill. Like all other medications, there are potential side effects. This site lists all this information
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is this pill available in canada?
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
Yes- this should be available where you live.