Dr. Saul
Dr. Saul, Doctor
Experience:  I am a board certified, practicing obstetrician gynecologist with many years of clinical experience.

I keep getting boils around my vaginal area. What causes

I keep getting boils around my vaginal area. What causes them?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Saul replied 7 years ago.

Thank you so much for your question. It is my privilege to be able to help you.

There many different possible reasons why you could be getting boils, but the first thing you need to do is to see your doctor to make sure they are indeed boils. They could be any number of things such as herpes, warts, folliculitis (infections of the hair follicles) or vaginal or vulvar cysts (which can result from clogged vaginal or vulvar glands).

If they are indeed what many people refer to as boils, and not one of the problems that I just listed, these things can often arise in women that are overweight, and they are assumed to be inflammation of the small sweat glands and sebaceous glands in the skin. Keeping the area clean and dry can help, and weight loss often helps as well.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so i can get compensated for my work. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. i am truly privileged to help you, and i want to make sure that you are satisfied with your answer. Good luck! Dr. SaulJE