Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.

Bacteria present from vaginal swab klebsiella pneumoniae and

Bacteria present from vaginal swab: klebsiella pneumoniae and escherichia coli. Symptoms: burning sensation when I urinate. Swelling of the region. How do I get rid of the bacteria? Any natural medecine?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 7 years ago.

The E.coli is always present in the GI tract. It is also the most common cause of UTI's. So this bacteria can be a PATHOGEN (meaning a disease causing bacteria vs a harmless one) Klebsiella pneumonia is always considered a PATHOGEN if this is cultured out and actually a fairly dangerous one. There is no natural remedy to eradicate this. You need to complete treatment with an effective antibiotic.From the sounds of it completeing a course of Levaquin may be your best bet.I hope this helps. Follow up questions are welcome if you have any.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I may get paid for my work. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD