Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  Experienced in maternity and women's health
9324755

It smells like something died inside of me What is it...

This just started happening...Right before my monthly cycle comes on I start discharging and its foul... I don't know if it's because I am in another country and if I am not drinking enough water has anything to do with it. Before I left to come to Kuwait I went to my GYN did a pap smear and had blood work done on me everything came back good. So I don't know what's going on and this is scaring me... I should be back in the states probably within the next 3 to 4 months for my vacation but i need to know what could be going on here...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Greetings.

How long? How is urine? any burning? pain? Itching?

Regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Urine when I don't drink water it smells and my urine isn't clear but I haven't experience the itching or burning side effects
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How long Maybe a month. Urine, If I don't drink water when I urine sometimes it has foul smell and the color isn't clear. No burning or itching

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

By history it seems that you are having some infection of both genito urinary tract. Warm weather can precipitate the infections by sweating. Before monthly cycle usually the secretion may increase, then you may feel the smell. When you take more water, urine becomes diluted, you may get less smell. Turbid urine can be due to infection or high phosphate in the urine. Without infection concentrated urine can give smell too but not vaginal discharge will be smelly. You need an urine examination and if needed a vaginal swab test may be ordered. You should consult doctor locally. It will not be advisable to wait till you reach USA. It may aggravate the condition. An examination by doctor is necessary to reach precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.