Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine

my breasts taste like onions. i shower daily, i wear deoderant.

my breasts taste like onions. i shower daily, i wear deoderant. no where else on my body do i have that taste (according to my boyfriend). could this be a medical problem?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
No, you can be quite sure that there is no such disease condition which could cause your breasts to taste like onions. This is even more impossible since you say that there isno taste on the rest of your body.

In fact, there is no condition which can cause an onion smell or taste on any part of the body, unless of course you eat excessive oinions (but in that case the smell would be on the whole body).

Certain conditions might cause bad body smell, which might be confused with bad body taste.

In most cases, bad body odor is due to excessive sweating and the growth of bacteria. A number of steps can be taken to minimise this.

You can look up here for some solutions:

Diet is also important for body odour. You can look up this site for some info on this:

In general though, I feel that this is an issue more in your boyfriend than in you.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.