Dr Patty
Dr Patty, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  OB/GYN 35 years of practice including teaching, pregnancy & GYN issues

Can you contract Trichomoniasis by a male giving you oral

Can you contract Trichomoniasis by a male giving you oral sex?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
Trichomoniasis is mostly sexually transmitted by penis to vagina intercourse or vulva to vulva contact with an infected partner- not through oral sex. Though not as common, it can be transmitted non-sexually from objects such as sheets, towels, and clothing. This isn't as common, but it is very possible and these are the only ways that it is transmitted. There is further information at this site
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there more of a chance I just have a bad yeast infection?
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
What symptoms are you experiencing? If you have a discharge, what color is it? Is it smelly at all- fishy or like yeast?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its like a really light yellow but in the beginning of the week it was like redish yellow. The smell is just bad. Not so much fishy but I am unsure.

Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
A yellow discharge is most likely bacterial vaginosis. This occurs when there is an increase in the bacteria that normally inhabit the body. It is not sexually transmitted, so your partner does not need to be treated. A doctor's visit is necessary to make sure of the cause, and if so, antibiotics prescribed. In the meantime make sure you wear cotton underwear, and after going to the bathroom wipe from front to back. Also avoid any type of douches, feminine spray, and the like. This site has further information
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much! I have been nervous all day after reading these articles. I am visiting my universities student health center when I am able to make an appointment.
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
You are very welcome and thanks for using Just Answer!!