Dr Patty
Dr Patty, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  OB/GYN 35 years of practice including teaching, pregnancy & GYN issues
13332852

is there any way i can make my period come early

Customer Question

is there any way i can make my period come early?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
Are you asking this because of convenience?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i am. i have a function on thursday and i need to have had my period by then as they are very heavy and painful. i am not on the pill or any HRT.
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
There is nothing you can do to bring it on sooner, but what you can do is skip it. What you can do is call your doctor up tomorrow morning to get a prescription for Norethisterone which is a type of progesterone. If you start taking it 3-4 days before your expected period, you will skip your period. You may get some breakthrough bleeding, but you will completely skip your period. Once you stop taking it, it will take a couple days for your period to return. This would be the only way to skip your period.