Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Many years of extensive work experience in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health
12501846
OB GYN

hot flashes. any time of day. im 70 yrs old.

hot flashes. any time of... Show More
hot flashes. any time of day. i'm 70 yrs old.
Category: OB GYN
replied 8 years ago.
How long have you been experiencing hot flashes, is it associated with any other symptoms like wt. loss, neck swelling, heat/cold intolerance, tremors, anxiety?
Are you on any meds or have taken any meds for hot flashes in past?
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
now taking nexium, for re flux. this has been for about a year.the hot flashes. no boby at the doc. has given me an explaination why?
Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 8 years ago.
Hot flashes at your age is most likely due to drop in hormone level, womens usually experience it at the onset of menopause but can occur latter as well. Usually many women will get better over the year without any treatment, but if it does not and associated with other post menopausal symptoms, then treatment can be considered. You can talk to your doctor for your suitability for hormone therapy, or other choices like clonidine which may help to decree hot flashes.
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
HI DIDN'T RECEIVED THE ANS. Customer
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
MY COMPUTER KEEPS TELLING ME THE LINK HAS BEEN DISABLED.
Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 8 years ago.
Hot flashes at your age is most likely due to drop in hormone level, womens usually experience it at the onset of menopause but can occur latter as well. Usually many women will get better over the year without any treatment, but if it does not and associated with other post menopausal symptoms, then treatment can be considered. You can talk to your doctor for your suitability for hormone therapy, or other choices like clonidine which may help to decrease hot flashes.

I hope you will be able to see my answer now.