Dr Dan
Dr Dan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, BSc (Hons I). House Medical Officer.

how soon can you have anal sex after a hysterectomy

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Dan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your question to JustAnswer.

As a general rule, after surgery you can engage in sexual activities when you feel well enough and can do it without pain. 4 weeks is quite a reasonable timeframe. As long as the surgery didn't involve your anal canal, you should be fine.

Many people do engage in oral sex after anal sex, with or without an enema beforehand. There are bacteria that live in the anal passage, and these will still be there after an enema. There is a risk of an upset digestive system if you put these bacteria through from the top end in your mouth. However many people don't have this problem. If you're otherwise healthy and do not have a suppressed immune system, you can enjoy whatever sexual practices you like. If you find oral sex after anal sex is making you ill, then of course it would be advisable to stop.

I am always available for follow-up if you need clarification or have further questions. If this information has been useful please click the green "Accept" button. A bonus is very much appreciated.

I hope I have helped,
Dr Dan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
does it matter if you had a tummy tuck at the same time as the hysterectomy and the bacteria from the anus wont harm you normally?