Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  B.A.M.S with 10 years of experience
11859556

i had unprotected sex on day 10 of my 28 day cycle,its now

Customer Question

i had unprotected sex on day 10 of my 28 day cycle,its now day 18 and i have been experiencing bad wind,cramping,lower back pain,extreme tiredness,lightheadness,is it too early or am i imagining that im pregnant?is it possible that these are the early signs of being pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Julio Byme,

Welcome again to Just answer and happy to be of assistance to you.

Knowing your case i would like to explain you the physiology of the women's menstrual and ovulation cycle.

First a women starts ovulating from the 14th day from the start of the menstrual flow. This ovulation goes on for 5 days. So if your periods started on 25th November 2008 your fertile days are from December 6th to December 11th 2008.

But most women ovulate anywhere between day 11 to day 21 during their cycle, counting from the first day of the last menstrual date and may vary from person to person.

As you say you had the sex on day 10 of your cycle still there may be chances of getting pregnant as it varies from person to person. Hence I suggest that you first go to your doctor and get a blood test for Serum HCG level test which gives accurate information whether you are pregnant or not. this is the best way now to come out of the confusion and stress that you are undergoing. This stress itself may sometimes cause you to be tired, painful, etc.

Please ask for any clarification if required.

with healthiest regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im not really stresed,wouldn't mind if i was pregnant,just what do you think of the signs,all in my head?
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Julio,

This is a thing which is totally depended on your body physiology. If you are not worried becoming pregnant also I still suggest that you give your blood for a test of serum HCG and if it comes negative then discuss with your Gynaec on checking your harmonal levels. But still i am of the opinion that this is just the inner built up of emotions in your case and as such would also advice to wait for appearance of your next cycle even if the outcome of Serum HCG test comes negative. Do take care and listen to me. I allways think only good things for you and am a guide and i dont want to unnecessarily put you thru tests etc.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Expert:  Dr Patty replied 5 years ago.
Was your last period like your normal periods, or was it different?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was actually lighter than usual,mostly brown discharge.
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 5 years ago.
ok one last question- was there an odor to it at all- fishy or like yeast? How long have your symptoms been occurring? When is your next scheduled period?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no odour at all,same as normal,im due on again 25 dec
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Julio Byme,

It can not be any thing connected to anything like an infection since we have been discussing since past few questions and i am sure its your mind that is presently making you speculate and i suggest that you go thru my answers for the past three questions of yours and you will understand that this situation can be best judged after you subject your blood for the serum HCG test.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Expert:  Dr Patty replied 5 years ago.
What you experienced last month, was old blood and this usually normal unless it is smelly or lasts 10 or more days. Usually when you become pregnant you miss a period and have implantation bleeding which is spotty and pinkish. WIth your symptoms, it's possible that pregnancy occurred during your last cycle since you had irregular bleeding, which was most likely part of implantation bleeding. I would make an appointment with your doctor asap to have some blood drawn for a blood pregnancy test as this is most accurate. If you have severe symptoms including severe cramping, then I would go to the ER to get checked out, as this could be due to an ectopic pregnancy and possible miscarriage. Other possibilities would include stress, thyroid or hormonal imbalance, infection, polyps, cysts, just to name a few.
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Julio Byme,

As this is your first sexual intercourse that you had in your life these symptoms that you are presenting will be there as you are concerned about this experience. I would like you to forget worrying anything about ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage which can not be the possibility in your present condition.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha