Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  MD, trained in women's health issues, gyn and obstetrics, during residency
9208484

My breasts have grown a full cup size in one month and its

Customer Question

My breasts have grown a full cup size in one month and it's quite uncomfortable. I'm not pregnant, at least I don't think so. I had a period 2 weeks ago. I've also had some back pain, and are constantly feeling exhausted, even though I get enough rest. I may not eat as often as I should, but when I do I eat pretty healthy things in appropriate amounts. I've had mood swings and I find it difficult to make to the bathroom in time, even though the amount is small. And this may be too much information, but it bothers me to no end. I smell like menstrual blood, even though it's not that time. I shower, wear clean clothes, but I can smell menstrual blood on me all the time and it's disgusting. Please help me, I don't have enough money for the doctor.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.
   Most of the symptoms that you are describing indicate early pregnancy or a hormonal imbalance. First of all you need to do a urine home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. If that is negative then you would need hormone tests (LH, FSH, TFT) to look for an abnormality in hormone levels. You migt also need an ultrasound abdomen to rule out an abnormality in the oavries or uterus.
If this is a recent problem, then it might be a temporary effect of hormones on body. The symptoms should subside in amonth or 2. But if they do not decrease or there is worsening, then you definitely need an evaluation by an OB/gynae.
Regards
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience: MD, trained in women's health issues, gyn and obstetrics, during residency
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure pregnancy is even considerable at this point? I mean I had a period 2 weeks ago. I didn't think symptoms would pop up at this point. Would it even show on a urine test if I was right now?
Are there any home remedies for hormonal imbalances? What causes them?
Some of these symptoms, like the breast thing and the moodiness thing have been going on for a while now. About a month and a half I think. Do you think depression could have anything to do with this? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you with all my questions.
<p>You are right, the chances of pregnancy are less if you had menses 2 weeks ago, but rarely can happen. If your mood swings have been present since longer time, then you definitely need to be evaluated. If the cause is hormonal imbalance, you would need treatment with prescription medicines. I would not advise any home remedies till your diagnosis has been confirmed.</p><p>The other possibility keeping depression along with the other symptoms in mind is hypothyroid or low thyroid levels. Once you consult your doctor, your thyroid levels will also be checked.</p><p>Regards</p>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi there. It's been a while. I found this email from two years ago in my inbox and thought I'd let you know that it was a massive cyst on my ovary growing the whole time, and I'm only finally getting to be able to have surgery. Thanks for your advice.