Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  B.A.M.S with 10 years of experience

I had what looked like a blood blister on my vagina....thought

I had what looked like a blood blister on my vagina....thought it might be an ingrown hair...so I popped it and blood came out...but I am having some tenderness and itching in my vagina....can you tell me what this sounds like?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

What exactly you mean by blood blister? Was it a blister actually filled with blood or was it just a pustule or erruption on your labia as inside vagina you can not manipulate. i need to know clearly to advice properly.

Was the itching after this bursting done by you/

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was a hard bump....raised slighty just near my hair line not exactly IN my vagina....looked black in color....could not manipulate it...thought is was maybe an ingrown hair from shaving so I popped it and what looked like blood came out....only red no puss or anything else... I had had some slight itching before I noticed the lump....dont have any other symptoms....no discharge or odor....no burning when I urinate
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Any history of recent periods which might have caused such an erruption. Any recent sexual contact - unprotected? It can be a sebaceous cyst too where the discharge would be fatty bloody discharge when you try to burst it open. Pl answer so that we can arrive at a proper diagnosis.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes...unprotected sex once :(....never had anything like this with any period or EVER before.....was not a fatty blod discharge just really red like blood....I noticed this on Wednesday and popped it that night which was very hard to do by the way, actually used a pin (I know)....since then it is red where it was but not really sore, just alittle when touched....I cant even call my doctor until Monday because of the holiday!
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

That was not the right thing to do as you might get infected / tetany etc. Now the bleeding that came may be from the puncture that you did using the pin. Now the best thing for you to do is to use antiseptic lotion or Hydrogen peroxide to wash the area to prevent any infection. If there is discharge from inside the vagina you should be alrmed. Just take care to keep the area dry as much as possible. The bump may be due to the unprotected sex and due to any unhygienic conditions at that time. Drink cranberry juice to keep the pH normal. Once after weekend go to your doctor for a visual check as i dont want you to follow any suggestions that come from unexamined sources.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know you cant give me exact answers with out an examination but in your experience does this sound typical of an STD? That is my main concern....
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Possibilities are more during unprotected sex and thats the reason for the suggestion to get a smear test done to rule out such a thing. there are cases of chlamydia where people go without any much symptoms but get diagnosed at a late stage. so please get an evaluation done to get cleared.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience: B.A.M.S with 10 years of experience