Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  MD, trained in women's health issues, gyn and obstetrics, during residency
9208484

My right leg hurts all the time. it throbs like a tooth ache.

Customer Question

My right leg hurts all the time. it throbs like a tooth ache. The pain starts behind the knee and then goes to the front of my shin. I have noticed layely that when I sit down I feel a warm sensation in the back of my thigh. The pain is so bad I can't sleep at night. I have been taking 800mg of ibupropen 3 times a day for over a year and it relieves it somewhat but not enough to get a goodnights rest. Any ideas as to what it could be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 8 years ago.
From the symptoms you are describing it seems that a nerve is getting pinched or compressed in your right leg. The warm sensation and the pain are due to the pinching of the nerve. You need to consult an Orthopedecian for a complete evaluation and confirming the diagnosis. You might need an MRI of the knee and depending on extent of compression you would need physiotherapy. In the meantime, continue anti-inflammatories and do warm compresses on the knee.
Regards