Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

why does my vagina burn on the inside, even though i have not

Customer Question

why does my vagina burn on the inside, even though i have not had intercourse with me husband since july? I am 52 years old
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  doctor_charles replied 8 years ago.

Hello

What about your periods?

Have you menopaused?

Is there any pain during urination?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD IN TWO YEARS. AND YES I AM IN MENAPAUSE. I ALSO FOR ONE MONTH BEEN ON PREGNOLENE AND DHEA, AND MULTI VITAMINS AND A THYROID MEDICINE BUT OTHER THAN THAT I AM PRETTY HEALTHY. mY OBGYN PUT ME ON VAGIFEM ABOUT A YEAR AND HALF AGO, AND IT HELPED BUT I WAS FEELING REALLY TIRED AND WENT AND SAW A WOMEN NURSE PRACTIONER, WHOM SPECIALIZES IN FEMALE CARE. SHE WAS THE ONE THAT PUT ME ON THE HORMONE CREAMS. ONE IN THE MORNING AND ONE AT NIGHT. THEN THIS VAGINAL BURNING RETURN TWO DAYS AGO. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? AND NO IT DOES NOT BURN WHEN I URINATE. ACTUALLY, TWO YEARS AGO I DID HAVE MY FIRST BLADDER INFECTION
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
YES MY PERIODS STOPPED TWO YEARS AGO YES I AM IN MENAPAUSE, AND SO FAR NO PAIN WITH URINATION
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO YOU NEED FROM ME PLEASE RESPOND