Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.

I heard that I can use Primolut-N to postpone my period for

I heard that I can use Primolut-N to postpone my period for a special event I have coming up. Is this true and if so, I can I purchase this over the counter here in California? And if yes, what dosage do I take and for what duration?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.

Primolut N can be used for postponing the period. But this cannot be bought over the counter. This contains a medication called as norethisterone. You need 5 mg (one tablet) three times per day starting about 7 days before your period. So you can start it on 12th or 13th of November. Once you stop it, you will get your period in 48 hours. So you can stop it on 22nd November. It's a prescription only, item, so you'll need to speak with your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is it possible to get a prescription for this on-line?

Online pharmacies are not legal and the prescription is usually issued on personal visit by a doctor.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Dr. Arun