Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I am 43 years old. My periods are every 25 days without exception.

Customer Question

I am 43 years old. My periods are every 25 days without exception. Prior to the start of my last cycle (about 5 days prior) I spotted for less than a few hours...then my period was normal. That period ended and it is now 4 days later and I am spotting a little heavier this time with cramps and back ache....Is this normal? I am not on any type of birth control and I am not pregnant.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

Are you sexually active ?

Do you have night sweats?

Any change in urination ?

Any emotional sufferings , stress?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Average sex life as a married person.

I do not have night sweats. I am urinating more as I am drinking a lot of water.

Two Tuesdays ago I starting taking the Orvo Detox product which has a lot of herbs in it. Supposedly it can make you a little jittery/dizzy but they say it is due to dehydration so I have beefed up the amount of water I am drinking per the blog entries I have read. I took this for 7 days straight and then was off for 7 days. I spotted on the first day I ever took this product and today was my first day back on after the 7 days off and the spotting reoccured. I had the backache and cramps yesterday however and that was prior to taking the first dose during my next 7 day campaign. I dont know if it is even related.

I have the normal stress in a management position and lost my mother back in March. I don't feel like either of these have bothered me to the point that I would just now experience a change in my cycle...at least I don't think so.

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 years ago.

Well, as such vaginal spotting , is not associated with the use of Orvo Detox product .

This may just be co-incidence that you get spotting at time of of this product.

Having vaginal spotting between periods is called Metrorrhagia.

It can be due to variety of causes

like hormonal imbalance , endometriosis, DUB , uterine fibroids, Polyp ,malignancy ,to name a few.

In my opinion you need a Pelvic examination to assess the condition of the cervix and investigations like TVS Ultrasound for further evaluation

So my advice is to take appointment from Gynecologist soon.

Kindest Regards

Please remember to ACCEPT my answer with green button. .

POSITIVE FEEDBACK & BONUS are highly appreciated