Dr.Hanish Babu, MD
Dr.Hanish Babu, MD, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS; MD (Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)

is it ok to take two antibiotics at the same time metronizadole

is it ok to take two antibiotics at the same time?   metronizadole for vaginal infection, and cipro for bladder infection?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Hanish Babu, MD replied 8 years ago.

Yes, it is perfectly OK. There is not much problem of drug interactions with these. Though they both can increase the toxicity of certain drugs like quinidine, methadone etc.

Metronidazole interferes with the breakdown of alcohol in the body, which results in nausea and vomitting. Hence alcohol should be avoided in any form until after two days after Metronidazole.

Ciprofloxacin interacts with antacids and certain vitamin tabs containing calcium, iron or zinc and these supplements should be avoided during the intake.

If you found this helpful, please click ACCEPT so I can receive credit for my work. Please take a sec to leave POSITIVE feedback.