Tuvia Breuer
Tuvia Breuer, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Physician

my husband can get an erection but cannot reach an orgasm is

my husband can get an erection but cannot reach an orgasm is there anything we can do to help this problem
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Tuvia Breuer replied 8 years ago.

My name isXXXXX and I am a physician who practices in New York, Firstly, before recommending any medications, I would highly recommend that he goes to his physician and have a medical work-up to determine whether there is a medical reason for not being able to have an orgasm. An underactive thyroid and feeling depressed are two examle that could affect the ability of having an orgasm. If the work-up comes back negative ( he has not identifiable cause for the lack of orgasm) there are medications that I recommend he discusses with his physician that are helpful to restore orgasm. Once medication is Wellbutrin. Another medication is Yohimbine. Let me make it clear the viagra and viagra like medications do noy affect orgams. They only help one attain or maintain an erection

Best of luck,

Dr. Breuer