Dr. Saul
Dr. Saul, Doctor
Experience:  I am a board certified, practicing obstetrician gynecologist with many years of clinical experience.

if your tubes are tied, clipped, and burned can you get pregnant

if your tubes are tied, clipped, and burned can you get pregnant? I have missed periods and severe pain in lower back and pelvic area and shoulder pain
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Saul replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your question; it is my privilege to be able to help you. I think I alreadyanswered this question, so i will resend here, what I wrote before. If there is anything else you'd like me to add, please tell me. I want to make sure you are satisfied with the answer.

It is possible to get pregnant, but it is very rare. The chances are approximately 1 in 300. The pain in you back and shoulder pain are probably unrelated, and the missed periods may be due to perimenopause. If the problems continue, you should see your doctor and he/she can verify that you are indeed perimenopausal with blood tests if necessary, and maybe check for pelvic masses like fibroids that could be a cause for the back pain.

I hope you find this helpful. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me. If you are satisfied, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so that I get credit for my work. BONUSES and positive feedback are always appreciated. Good Luck! Dr. SaulJE