Dr. L
Dr. L, Doctor
Experience:  Have been involved in Womens Health issues for over 40 years including Surgery, Gynecology and Int.n

I am suffering with cramps in both feet.My toes pull down and

I am suffering with cramps in both feet.My toes pull down and the pain in nearly unbareable. What can I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. L replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thanks for the question,

This usually comes from intrinsic muscles if foot. It may occur if these muscles aren't getting enough oxygen (poor blood supply), Mineral deficit (Magnesium, calcium, Potassium), or other metabolic problems.

Do you have any chronic illnesses? on any medications, especially diuretics? Is this a new development or longterm? Is only the foot effected?

If I've answered your question to your satisfaction, please click on accept, If not please get back to me with more answers or questions.In the meantime, use a towel or elastic bandage to to dorsiflex (bring up to ward your head, thus stretching the muscles that are cramping. Dr. L