Dr  Anna N.M.D.
Dr Anna N.M.D., Doctor
Experience:  I have had 18 years of experience in family practice which includes women's health issues.

blood in urine during ovulation period

Customer Question

i started gym 2 days ago.today after i came from gym i saw blood in my urine.it was with the ovulation or the white thick substance which comes with urine.my periods date is 6 of next month.initially i thought i got my periods but later there was no blood coming..i am worried as to why the blood came.was it due to heavy excersice i did at the gym.or in any case can my vagine cealing break without having intercourse?i am 25 years of age and unmarried.please tell me i am really very worried.thanku.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anna N.M.D. replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer Please do not be too concerned about this at this time, it may be one of serious types of gynecological problems. Can you verify that the blood came was in the urine and didn't come from the vagina? Did you have any pain or discomfort? Has this happened before? What are your periods like?

Sincerely, XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Anna N.M.D.'s Post: helloo...the blood came out through my vagina.in the white thick substance that comes out during ovulation period.this has happened me before n i consulted a doctor who told me that it was due to bladder infection which was the result of having too much antibiotic.this happened in march this year.but this time the blood was much.i feel no pain or discomfort in this.please help me out..

Hi Flower: I will help you. 1) How are your periods in general? 2) What is your age 2) last time this happened (March) was there any strenuous exercise involved and were you also mid cycle then like you are now? 3) when was your last pap smear?

Thanks. XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Anna N.M.D.'s Post: my periods are normal always on time.not very heavy but sometimes they are painful.my age is 25.no i didnt do any excersice at tht time n yes i was in my midcycle.

Dear Flower: midcycle bleeding occurs in many women at the time of ovulation because of the rapid peak and than rapid drop in estrogen that occurs at this time. It may be a very normal phenomonen. That said, because you state it was heavy, it is prudent to have it checked out. It could indicate an unusual situation in the uterus, or even something complete unrelated to the reproductive system such as low thyroid, but do not worry about this, I think this is unlikely. It is best advised for women who have midcycle spotting or bleeding to rest during this time. You may have spotted this time, but in combination with heavy exertion, that may have simply aggrevated it.

I hope you are satisfied with the answer. If so, please click the green accept button.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your healthcare concerns.

Sincerely, XXXXX