doctor_charles
doctor_charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal med. specialist, CGO(Certificate in Gyne & Obs.)

my vagina is very sore and it burns when I pee to the point ...

Customer Question

my vagina is very sore and it burns when I pee to the point where I want to yell. What could this possibly be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  doctor_charles replied 6 years ago.

Hello

The complaints you have can be due to urinary tract infection.Certain risk factors which make more prone to UTI are kidney stones,narrowed urethra,not drinking enough fluids,sexual intercourse.You need complete urine examination along with urine culture (clean catch) to know the exact bacteria & then take the treatment accordingly.Antibiotics may be required..Also the risk factors are to be diagnosed.Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the inflammation & pain.This is available without prescription.So I advice you to see a urologist. for the urine test & prescription medication accordingly.

Regards

Dr.Charles.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there anything else I can use or take to get through the night? My appt isnt until some time tomorow and this is very painfull
Drink plenty of fluids & take tab.ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the pain & inflammation and definately will help you & take preription medication tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I stopped by cvs on my way home from work and bought a urinary track infection test kit and some ointment and pills for the pain (it was for urinary pain) I took the test which had to tabs on the end of it (1 for white blood cells and 1 for nitrate) the white blood cell tab showed positive and then the nitrate bar showed negative....so I dunno...the directions say if 1 is neg and 1 is pos then it didnt show that the whole test was either neg or pos it just said "consult doctor" what is your oppinion?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I went to the doctor and it wasn't a UTI.....in fact it was possibly worse,herpies. I wont know for 7-10 days but thats what it looks like
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Doc,
I wont know for 7-10 days if it is herpes or not, but I do have vaginal blisters. Is there anything else that it could be? my b/f has noticed that he has some tenderness and spots as well. So Im super worried. I know that I had a baby in feb and my pap at the beginning of the prego came out clean,and I havent cheated, could the pap have missed it? Im trying to believe the best in him to think that he hasnt cheated either, and we've been together for a little over a yr, could he have had it and gave it to me and we both just broke out? Im just really worried and dont have anyone that I can talk to about this.I will accept your answer, I just need some help cause I dont know where else to turn and I feel better asking you than being embarrassed and asking my doc. Please help!