doctor_charles
doctor_charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal med. specialist, CGO(Certificate in Gyne & Obs.)
6554558

I am havng a red/bloody stringy discharge from my vagina.

I am havng a red/bloody stringy discharge from my vagina. I just had my period and I thought that it was over. When I went to the bathroom today I had a blob of this bloody/red stuff in the toilet. Should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  doctor_charles replied 8 years ago.

Hello

Do you have history of irregular period?

Is there any foul odor or itching vagina?

Are there any solid pieces of tissue along with blood?

Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I do have a history of irregular periods Yes I am sexually active. I don;t think there is odor

Hello

Yes,this can be due to your irregular bleeding.This can be called as bleeding between periods.Its most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis). Also if there is foul odor,then there can be associated vaginal infection most likely bacterial vaginosis.

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes. So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then take the treatment.

Hope my answer had helped you

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.