cinderalla30, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,FCPS,Experience in Gynae/Obs,Fertility clinic

I had unprotected sex two weeks after giving birth. I got ...

I had unprotected sex two weeks after giving birth. I got my first period after pregnancy on may 31st but it only lasted a week and the bleeding wasn''t that heavy. I didn''t really cramp either. I''ve been having stomache pains every now and then but they only last for a few seconds. Is this normal or is it possible that I may be pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  cinderalla30 replied 8 years ago.

Hello kittyvm

Well in different women the return of normal menstrual cycle time is different after giving birth. However most of the women have there normal bleeding between 4 weeks to a few months,if they are bottle feeding there baby, but in mothers who are breast feeding fully,it may take some months before there periods even start or uptill the time they come to feeding the baby upto 3 times a day. If you are bottle feeding then its advised that contraceptive pills should be started 4 weeks after delivery.

Now regarding your case, well its very highly unlikely that you could get pregnant by having sex 2 weeks after the birth as probably by then you wouldn't have started to ovulate and besides you already had your first bleeding after giving birth which lasted for about a week.

However if the pain symptoms persist for some time and bother you a lot , you should visit your doctor.

Hopefully this was helpfull enough and do ask for any further assisstance

Take Care

Dr Faiqa