Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

A few days ago I changed my evap and camshaft position

Customer Question

a few days ago I changed my evap and camshaft position sensors and now my truck will not start
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: when I received the codes it was po447 and I think po345 which indicated that these 2 sensors needed replaced.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2008 Nisan Frontier SE
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried, I replace the EVAP and camshaft position sensors and that's when the problem started and now it will not start, it turns but won't start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 days ago.

Did you use a cam sensor from a parts store or one from the dealer?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 days ago.

Yes? was it from a parts store? Also, did the truck start and run right after you did the work?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can't do anything now I'm at work
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 days ago.

Can you answer the questions? We don't need a call, but I can't help without you answering my questions

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I think so
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 days ago.

Ok, did the truck start right after you did the work?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 days ago.

Ok, thanks.

The first thing I would do is try putting the old cam sensor back in and see if the truck starts. If you used a cam sensor from the parts store it might not be working properly. Also, double check the connection for the sensor since it can be difficult to get it plugged all the way in. The evap code won't keep the truck from starting, so we need to focus on the cam sensor you installed. Sometimes the old o ring will stay on the engine as well. That causes to large an air gap and the truck won't start. If you find that the truck starts with the old sensor installed, then you will need to replace it with one from the dealer. This is usually the type of issues I see with the aftermarket cam sensors.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?