Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

In my 2003 Frontier the windows have started to be able to

In my 2003 Frontier the windows have started to be able to be rolled down after the pickup is turned off and the key is removed. It has never down this before. Is this a problem with the ignition?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It is in Park.
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: SO far I haven't tried anything as I didn't want to goof something up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Hey there, thanks for the question. I need you to try something for me.
Turn the truck off and start to roll the window down or up, if it's working then open the door and see if it quits working. Let me know please
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jake
The truck used to have a locking steering wheel but it no longer locks. Yes if you turn the truck off the windows still go up and down and then if you open the door the stop.
Thanks
Thanks, ***** ***** operation is actually normal for up to 30 seconds.
That allows you to roll the windows up if they were down when you shut the ignition off. But if it works after 30 seconds or after opening the door then that would be odd
If the steer NG wheel will not lock once the key is out and you turn the steering wheel, then the interlock cable is loose or not working.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jake
You have told me what I needed to know!
Thanks so much.