Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My security indicator light is blinking & car wont start,

Customer Question

My security indicator light is blinking & car wont start
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Nissan Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2014 altima
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying myself. Tried locking & unlocking car. Read owners manual. Tried putting my remote against ignition switch to start... nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know battery on remote is low or dead
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Already figured out the problem... weak car battery
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Hey, sorry for the delay! Glad you got it up and running!A few tricks to keep in mind on These intelligent key cars. If your getting no response at all then try turning on the headlights. If they are dim or don't come on then your looking at a batter issue.
If the ignition switches to ACC or On but doesn't crank, then you know it sees the key it just won't crank because it's not seeing a brake switch signal or park/neutral signal.Lastly if the headlights work but no response from start button or the "insert key" icon on the dash. This means it's not detecting the key.Lastly, a flashing security light is normal, the time to be concerned is when it's on SOLID.