Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My nissan juke 2010 is not responding when i press the start

hi my nissan juke 2010 is not responding when i press the start button nothing works the ignition doesn t turn on
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: no the steering lock is not locked
JA: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am an auto electrian i checked all the fuses the battery changed key fob batterys tried the spare key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i tried to see with the diagnostic but it doesnt enter in the module thus the ignition is switched off

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Yellow Key light on?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
when i try to press the start button

If you are getting a Yellow key light, and the ignition will not turn on, that is normally due to a bad steering lock control unit.

How handy are you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am an auto electrian ,the steering lock module is that part under the steering that locks the steering ?if i make an new one does it need a programming ?

If you replace it, it does not need to be programmed.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can i check something to be sure that is the steering lock module?
I have a video where if you tap on the steering lock control module with a hammer and holding foot on brake while pushing the start button, it can bump the steering lock control unit to operate and the car would start
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How can i see the video ?

Nissan just released a recall for this issue. I don't know if your car is a part of it. I know it is mainly for Altima's and Maxima's. But you are welcome to call them and talk to them and see if they will cover this for you. Their number is *****

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks alot tommorow i try it .hope it works��thanks again

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Good morning jay i started my juke but mine was totally jammed i had to dismantle the module and press the micro switches by my hand thanks alot i will rate 5 star