peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

L am having my door lock problems since the winter. only one

Customer Question

l am having my door lock problems since the winter. only one door drivers side front.l have to get in to the car from passengers side.flicking the unlocking button several times donent work...thanks
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2011 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: l only tryed with diicer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no everything elese are fine
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it the drivers side door is not locking or unlocking with the remote or power locks or will it not unlock at all even with the key?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no l tryed with key

O.k.,this indicates the drivers door latch is at fault here.I have seen several of these door latches fail in the past before causing this issue here needing replaced.Unfortunately when the door is stuck closed like this here this can require a lock smith to try and use their tools to open the door or removing the door paneling with the door closed ( this may damage the paneling to where it would need replaced or repaired after) to then access and replace this latch.The latch fails mechanically internally causing this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no thanks l think l will visit the nissan dealer

No need on the phone call here.Let me know if you received my answer to this above.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete