Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collission tech
2947720

I have an 04 Nissan Quest with a 3.5L that is low on power

Customer Question

I have an 04 Nissan Quest with a 3.5L that is low on power and won't go over 25 mph, plugged it in and check for codes and only had a code for engine misfire, so I changed all the spark plugs and they looked like they hadn't been changed in years but still has same issue. Changed TCM about 6 months ago
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: No never stalls and starts fine
JA: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am doing this myself, I plugged into computer and only found a code for engine misfire so I changed all the spark plugs. still same issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Maybe that this problem started out that the car wouldn't go over 60 and has steadily gotten worse and now won't go over 25
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.