Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2016 HD Titan has a def system failure and says that it

Customer Question

My 2016 HD Titan has a def system failure and says that it has an 8 kilometers speed restriction but as of now it travels regular speed
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I take everything to Nissan. That's why I bought it. Yesterday it gave a 25 percent def warning so I put 4 liters in. I was told not to fill it complete to allow for expansion account Extreme cold. Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will it keep running normal road speed for 24 hours
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

DEF fluid is Diesel Exhaust Fluid. This is a fluid that saturates the exhaust so you don't get that black smoke. It's a new type of system for Diesels. If you have low DEF fluid, then you will need to have the DEF fluid level set. When you buy DEF fluid, you can't cap it off and use the rest later like washer fluid. Once the bottle is opened, you must use it. What ever you don't use will need to be thrown away.

Do you have any more questions on this?