peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My 2011 nissan rogue turns over but wont start... yes

Customer Question

my 2011 nissan rogue turns over but wont start...
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes ....like I said it turns over
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a little starter fluid squirted in the intake
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did it try and start when you squirted in the starting fluid at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No..nothing

O.k.,even though it didnt try and start or stumble with starter fluid this can still be an issue with fuel pressure here.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this should be done with a fuel pressure test gauge.Usually you can hear the fuel pump come on in the fuel tank with the key on the first couple of seconds or when cranking over the engine.It will make a hum or buzz noise when it comes on.Another way to check and see if it is getting fuel is by removing some spark plugs and see if they are wet with fuel.If they are wet then this indicates fuel but no spark.If you can post the liter of your engine here this will help on what the fuel pressure is and what component can cause a no spark here just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Had to leave my house. ..I'll need to get back to this

O.k.,reply when your ready.If I do not respond right away when you reply I will as soon as I can.

Thanks Pete