Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have some brownish fluid dripping down from the rear

Customer Question

we have some brownish fluid dripping down from the rear passenger side of the engine....can't seem to locate the source of the leak....2011 nissan murano le
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: original hoses...mostly hwy
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was going to check transmission levels today...power steering looks fine as does antifreeze res
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Todd M replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. It could be transmssion fluid coming from the lines to the raditor. How has your brakes been? Have you checked the level? You only have oil, freon transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant, gear oil, and power steering fluid. based on the color and the location, I would assume transmission fluid from the lines to the radiator.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
brakes good, brake level good.....passenger side rear of the engine for transmission fluid lines to the radiator? I would think that would drip front the front of the engine?
Expert:  Todd M replied 10 days ago.

The lines come from the transmission. I'm NOT saying it's coming from the radiator area, I'm saying that the lines that travelling from the transmission to the radiator may have a leak. It could be on the transmission end or anywhere in between. You could also have a pan gasket issue. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction.