Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2009 armada won't start new battery last week replaced

Customer Question

My 2009 armada won't start new battery last week replaced the battery current sensor .I had taken it to the mechanic and said that was what the machine was showing was wrong. Replaced it and worked this morning it didn't want to start again.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you say it doesn't want to start again, is it because the battery is dead? Did you try to jump start it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No everything turns on lights and sound
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Are you getting a signal click when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it cranks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Do you know if you have any codes stored?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Idk what that means sorry doing this on my own husband is at work and I can get in contact with him .
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Do you recall the last time the truck was running that the Service Engine Soon light was on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I had been having trouble with it starting in the mornings but later in the day it would start well a Christmas week it didn't start at all took it to the mechanic he put the machine on it and said it needed the current battery sensor well we got it and replaced it it worked for a week then today it didn't start
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Do you know if any of the battery terminals are after market?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they are we replaced the battery in nov. and we replaced the terminals as well
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

I have seen where after market battery terminal ends can cause high resistance and cause starting issues. So I would try to jump start the truck when this happens and see if it starts. If it starts with a jump start, then the battery terminal ends are most likely the cause...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will try
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

ok