peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Where is the fuel pressure regulator on a 2004 nissan

Customer Question

where is the fuel pressure regulator on a 2004 nissan frontier v6 supercharged engine
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 140,000. just serviced, changed upper intake gasket, supercharger gasket, spark wires and plugs, oil change, rotor and cap, valve cover gasket, driver side exhaust manifold
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier V6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I cranks but no started..tested the engine for spark, compression and with using starter fluid, it run for a min. then stalls
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

My info shows it at the rear of the engine as shown below.In allot of cases a no fuel issue is due to a weak or faulty fuel pump not supplying enough fuel pressure with the pump needing replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iege9qnpdqbbmuf/fp-01-03.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this is on a supercharged engine, correct?

Correct that is the picture for the super charged engine.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete