camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

Gm..i have a 03 nissen Altima.when i turn my car off. My

Customer Question

Gm..i have a 03 nissen Altima.when i turn my car off. My front driver/passenger window goes all the way down.what can i do to fix this problem.
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I may have too..nothing .i look to find a fuse but couldnt.its raining here soo inside is geting wet.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: It didn't have a location of what fuse was where
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No mama.thats it.thank u.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 month ago.

hi there,
im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

there are 2 areas that could cause this.

1. the drivers door lock switch on the back of the tumbler. (this is what i think your problem is, as water get in it and corrodes it) . you will have to remove the door skin cover to access the door lock tumbler and disconnect it. if the problem stops, than the switch will need to be replaced.

2. power window reset procedure.

this will also require removal of the cover as there is a reset button on the back of the window motor itself.

Reset the limit switch by raising the glass to the top position. Then press and hold the reset switch that is on the power window motor (door panel removed) and lower the glass to the bottom position (don't use the automatic portion of the power window switch). Release the reset switch and verify that the reset switch returned to its original position. Then raise the glass to the top position and verify window operation.

Either way, your door skin cover will need to be removed for inspection of the door lock switch and window motor.

i have a ffeeling your problem is in your door switch as these are bad for corrosion

also....

remove your key fab battery to eliminate it receiving a bad signal from the remote if its been damaged. I think ive only seen this once before where the remote was the problem

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its.it alot to fix

it will require a bit of time to inspect as the door skin will need to come off.

if its the door switch, you will have to phone the dealer for a price as it can hange since i last did one. If a shop is repairing it, you will be about 2 hours if its the switch or window reset procedure

hi there,

how did your repair go?

please take a moment to rate me, as it is important fir my page.
thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!

cam

hi there,
a rating would be appreciated for my time with you as i am not compensated untill a ratiing is given.

thanks you