Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2016 Rogue. Heater blows out cold air. Been to Nissan twice.

Customer Question

2016 Rogue. Heater blows out cold air. Been to Nissan twice. Changed thermostat first time. 2nd time they waited until next day and then heater working. I drove my rogue 2 hours today before air was warm at all. Felt like ac. Outside temp was in 50s. Was going to take to shop tomorrow as closed today but suddenly have warm air.
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: Flat tires? Never had one. That would effect heat?
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been to dealer twice. They changed thermostat. WAs going to go again tomorrow as closed today. Heat blew warm air after driving for 2 hours. Was cold like ac this am and outside temp was in low 50s.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is a dangerous situation as never know when heat will blow warm air.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  ddamato1986 replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answers. This is a very common issue with the Rogue, and unfortunatley there is not real solution the manufacturer has provided. There are some options however. You should check and make sure there is no crimped of pinched heater lines going from the engine to the heater core. The hoses will be going directly into the fire wall. There will be a feed and a return line. Secondly the heater control valve opens when you turn the heat on inside the car. When the valve opens it sends hot coolant through the hoses, into the heater core and air is blown over it providing hot air inside the cabin. If the heater control valve is faulty the valve will not open. You can bypass or remove the valve if you are experiencing cold weather an know you wont need AC for a few months. The issue may also be related to the control module which tells the valve to open and close.