Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cannot open my tailgate door. 2012, I opened the panel on

Customer Question

Cannot open my tailgate door.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I opened the panel on the inside and I see the lock mechanism working but it still doesn't open.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Can I get the make and model? Do you know how to remove the tailgate trim so we can test the lock actuator?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do not call. Thanks email only

I am still needing a response to )

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rogue 2012, how do you remove the trim?

You may not be able to get the trim fully off, but you need to get it out far enough to get inside the door to try and manually get the latch to open or to test electrically.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/backdoortrim.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/backdoorwire.pdf

The purple wire needs to have power to open the latch. Once open we can then do more testing to find out why this is occurring.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris