JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

Currently throwing a p0717 codes for a turbine speed sensor

Customer Question

Currently throwing a p0717 codes for a turbine speed sensor circuit A no signal. Considering replacing the sensor but I only have 26k on the truck and it should be covered under warranty but I dont think i want to risk not having the part and having the trans fail if they refuse to cover the repair
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: the sensor from what I've read is deep inside the trans you have to remove the valve body to replace it
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2015 tita titan
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would possibly. And nothing yet im not sure if my warranty will cover it and I don't want to really touch it till i know they wont
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing that i can think of
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Being told the sensor is inside the trans behind the valve body. I need to confirm that or not. I'm also seeing everywhere that once that code is thrown that 99% of the time the trans is toast and failing and that the sensor is probably fine. I'm planning on calling to see if this is covered under my warranty being a 2015 with 26k miles.
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

that is under factory warranty...I would not touch it...if you mess with it they can void coverage...Get it to the dealer for warranty repair

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But my truck is lifted and they are saying because it's lifted that it has a high chance to not be covered. It is acting like it's just a bad sensor because of the problems I'm experiencing and some testing I've done. No burnt smell from the fluid and still a nice reddish pink color as normal. But the dealer is saying that they may possibly not cover it being lifted and that that may have some how caused the issue, which I know is impossible. I just don't know how long I want to drive this vehicle being my dd with it not shifting properly.

if they will not cover it then I would order the sensor and replace it..but f your a good customer they should cover it..bt modifications can void a warranty