internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.
63512786

I have a 2013 Murano. Yesterday I began hearing the grind

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Murano. Yesterday I began hearing the grind that comes with power steering issues. Checks the fluid, it was low. Topped it off, realized I have a leak near the front right tire. Would this be a leak or a problem with the pump?
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Checked yesterday, topped off last night, now back to minimum level. Yea, noises persist.
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to if it is merely replacing a line. If it is the pump, will probably have to have it dons by a shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Location of the leak appears to be near the oil filter, as that is where I see the heaviest concentration of leaked fluid
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

The leak is coming from the rack and pinion. The rack and pinion controls the steering of the wheels.

Typically the seals could break and cause the leak.

The labor time alone is about 5.5 hours. The unit itself range from $500 - $1000.

Please rate me positive, thank you!