david carrier
david carrier,
Experience:  lead technician at firestone
96761930

Po 463, 2006 nissian frontier bad fuel pump? no, nothing

Customer Question

po 463
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 nissian frontier bad fuel pump?
JA: Has your car been stalling?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing just happen at 100.00
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ntb said they smell gas fuel pump they said
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david carrier replied 6 days ago.

Hi this is dave from just answer and im here to help. Is this the only code that shows up?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Po 463 nissian frontier
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have a code reader I reset two days later comes back on

Does your gas gauge work?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
not really takes a long time after gas is pump to come up to fill espically in cold weather ntb quote fuel pump 500
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
hello

Yea there is a sending unit located on the side of the fuel pump 9/10 times thats the only cause but it comes with the whole fuel pump assembly. It will look just like this pic i sent you

You can ask them if the can get just the fuel level sensor by itself because that would be way more cost effective but sometimes the only way to get them is with the whole pump assy. Also its not a bad idea sometime for a little more to just replace the pump because it has to come out anyways to fix the level sensor.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
would this limit gas milage also how much is a fuel pump ntb quote 500 and 2.5 [email protected] to replace I just found a whole assembly onlime for 148

Yea that price is right in the ballpark. See what happens at repair facilities they buy the part from one of their vendors and they mark up the cost of the part and then charge their labor. Thats the industry standard. it really shouldnt effect gas mileage though because its only purpose is to notify you of the actual fuel level

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
you would buy the whole assembly for 150 do you think this would solve the po 463 issue if I replace
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
could a shade tree mechacic fix this issue
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
do you think is the main issue

I cant make the 100% diagnosis cause im not there myself but it is a high likely hood that it will fix it for you. It is very common for that issure. And i would just find a mechanic that has done this before because thats always a good idea. You can also probably find a youtube video that shows you the repair process so you can have an idea of whats involved

I would tend to think this is def your main issue just going by what your telling me but again i cant tell you 100%

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if I took o nssian dealer here in town can they tell me for certain if this the main issue.
Expert:  david carrier replied 5 days ago.

Yes. im sure they will charge you a diagnostic fee but they will be able to test everything and give you the 100%

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what would the fee be

Usually around the area of 100 dollars.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
your suggestion is to replace fuel pump
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
hesitation issue you ask me about early what issues would that be.

The prices vary depending on where you live. In my area their around 100. In my professional opinion i would do that first if it was my car. in probably over 90% of cases thats the problem.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok

The website asked you if it was stalling just to try to find out any info before i took over. If the truck has been running fine then i wouldnt worry to much about that

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
do you know ho much my fee was talking to you will be

No i have no idea what the cost on your end im sry. Im just here to assist with your questions. All i ask from you when were done is to give me a rating on how my service was for you today.