peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

07 altima po868, same issue with three different

Customer Question

07 altima po868, same issue with three different transmissions in car
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: when last install was done on 10-25
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: at a nissan dealer, its been replaced twice
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Since the transmission has been replaced a few different times now and the issue remains with this same code here this leads to a fault with the TCM itself needing replaced or wiring between the TCM and transmission.The diagnosis points to repairing the transmission or replacing the TCM.If the TCM was already replaced let me know.If you want the diagnostics for this code let me know but I suspect the TCM needs replaced here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete