Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Which two fuses are the fuel system fuses under the steering

Customer Question

which two fuses are the fuel system fuses under the steering wheel fuse box please
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Yes! it is the one under the steering wheel.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car was hard to start cranking for a long time thought it might be fuel related.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Will the car still start?
What model is the car please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2002 nissan x trail. Yes the car will start now but the engine light came on when this first happened and it stays on.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Ok

I am going to have to open this up for the other experts. I am in the US and we didn't have the Xtrail in 02 so I don't have any manuals for it.

Please do not reply to me or it will lock it back to me and no one will be able to help.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Since the truck now starts, do you happen to know what code you have stored since the Service Engine Soon light is now on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No i am sorry i don't know the code.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Is there a way you can get the code and return back with the code number so I can properly assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not sure what the code is or where to find it.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

When the computer in the car detects a fault in the emissions system it will generate a code pointing to what system has the fault so it can properly be diagnosed. So you would need a code reader or scanner to retrieve the code so I can properly help you.

Do you think you can do that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No i don't have the equipment. Thank you for your help anyway.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome. Your issue does sound like what they call a Cam Sensor. But I would like to have had a code to verify it. So if you have it checked and you do have a Cam Sensor or anything else electrical, keep in mind not to use after market electrical parts. These vehicle do not like them and they never last.. So stick with parts from the dealer when it comes to electrical parts.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!