Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2010 Frontier 4x4-whining noise upon deceleration. Have

Customer Question

2010 Frontier 4x4-whining noise upon deceleration. Have changed out the bearings and seal in the rear end which ended the constant whine upon acceleration and deceleration. Now it is just the decelerating that i have the noise
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What weight gear oil did you put in the rear?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
90
Expert:  Jay replied 10 days ago.

That is only part of it. What is the exact weight oil used.. ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
80/90 gear lube
Expert:  Jay replied 10 days ago.

Your truck requires 75w90 Synthetic gear oil. I would start with putting the correct fluid in it and see if that resolves your issue.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My brother is changing out the u-joints tomorrow. I will find some and have him do that . Thank you
Expert:  Jay replied 10 days ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Jay, I found out he did use 75w-90 synthetic. Any other possible ideas of why the Pinion or ring gear seems to be in a bind
Expert:  Jay replied 9 days ago.

When you do diff work, you have to make sure everything is shimmed properly and everything has the proper clearances. If something is a little off, it could make noise. So you may want to have the diff work rechecked if the noise is coming from the rear diff