Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 90 nissan maxima. NO Rome or key code. Bought used.

Customer Question

I have a 90 nissan maxima. NO Rome or key code. Bought used. Every now and then the security system kicks on as I'm trying to get in and then I takes sometimes hours before it shuts off on its own. Ive managed to disable the horn but I can't get it to start while the security light is on. Is there a way around this?
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Light stays on and I don't have a clue on how to reset anything. I got the car from a run down small car lot and didn't get anything more than a key and title.
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: AS I go. REPLACED batter cables, starter, alternator. Pulled out a few fuses that thought might help. is the security set up to tune up schedule by chance because it seem to happen much less right after I do one.
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Ok, thanks I will try it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I discon next the security system without having to take it in to a shop or dealership?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the alarm is going off, which lights are flashing exactly? I can help you also program your keyless entry so you can set your own code.

Let me know..