Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My tail lights and license plate lights are not working. I

Customer Question

My tail lights and license plate lights are not working. I have checked the fuses and they are good. It is a 2015 Nissan Altima.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: I have tried to attempt to get the tail light cover off but was unable to do so. Is there a trick getting them off without damaging the cover? What connection would I be checking. I honestly have no idea how to check that. I was just doing the basic troubleshooting by checking the fuses. I am learning!!
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just purchased the car. It is 2015 with 8k miles on it. It was totaled out due to hail damage. I have checked all of the fuses in the cabin of the car as well as fuses under the engine compartment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The headlights turn signals and break lights work.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you have 8k miles on the car, this issue would be covered under warranty. First thing normally checked is all fuses. If all fuses are good, then I would suggest you bring it to the dealer so it can be looked at for you

Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

This is covered under the 3 years or 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Even if it was a fuse, that would be covered as well.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
not covered under warranty due to it being totaled out because of hail damage. So I have no warranty. What could the issue be besides fuses?
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

Ok.. Well then let me first as if you check all the fuse boxes. There is one in side the car, and there is 3 fuse boxes. Did you check all 3? Do you have a test light to check fuses with?

Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1a%20(2).jpg

That is the location of the two main fuses I would like you to check in the IPDM