nelson freitas
nelson freitas,
Experience:  AutomotiveTechnician at brantford toyota
96947379

2003 frontier no pulse crack, cam signal an pulse with 13.0

Customer Question

2003 frontier no pulse crack, cam signal an pulse with 13.0 and no inyector pulse
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace crank sensor, cam sensor pcm and steel not pulse
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: do not star unles spray carburator cleaner
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I sen pcm to repair and they returned because id good, they charge for inspection only
Category: Nissan
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 6 months ago.

My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with over 12 years experience. I will do my best to help you.

You mentioned that you are getting no cam or crank signal pulse, but then you mentioned engine will start if carb cleaner is sprayed into throttle body. if there is no cam or crank signal there would be no spark.

were there any codes stored in the PCM before it was disconnected? also have you checked for spark fuel and compression on all cylinders?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Engine firing spark ok
New crank sensor
Distributor replaced and computer checked at laboratory
Good fuel pressure
Power on one side of inyector plug
And no pulse on all inyectors

Have you checked for injector pulse using a noid light?

if so it sounds like you should have everything you need and i would be checking all of the grounds pertaining to the fuel injector system and also all ecm grounds, because the injectors are all controlled on the ground side by the ecm.

Hope this helps,

Nelson

also if you have found this helpful, please leave feedback accordingly, Thank you

Hey,

I was just wondering if you got the Frontier running? if so I'ld like to hear what the problem was.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Nelson

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know if start signal affect to inyectors pulse because I found it removed fuse from start signal and as soon as I install it the engine start.

the only thing that I know that would affect the injector pulse would be any factory security system.

Any security issues would prevent fuel from spraying to stop anyone from stealing the car.

I hope I have been helpful, unfortunately I am at home right now but tomorrow morning I will have access to some more repair data, and I will try to find more information for you.

If I have been helpful in anyway please feel free to leave feedback accordingly. Thank you

Thanks for using JustAnswer, please leave feedback to close out this ticket.

or

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance,

Thanks,

Nelson