peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My Pathfinder has a red car with a key in it on the

Customer Question

My Pathfinder has a red car with a key in it on the Dashboard. How do I remove it?
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: NO, I took my Pathfinder to the dealers and they couldn't fix my problem so I towed the car to another Mechanic. Do you think they did it?
JA: What year is your Pathfinder?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the ECU twice. The dealership said it needed to be changed, but I still was getting lights on my dashboard so I told them to put my ECU back in and I wanted a second opinion. Since then my car is Locked.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I changed the BCM & IPDM
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The PCM will need to be reprogrammed to correct this issue here.Since it was swapped in and out like this it has lost its programming and is causing the red key warning.This has to be reprogrammed usually by a dealer or an auto repair facility that has access to programming for this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete