peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

How do I remove the mirror Control module on a 2005 Nissan

Customer Question

How do I remove the mirror Control module on a 2005 Nissan Titan
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I removed the master unit from the door, seperated the electrical connection from the base, but can't move forward.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Np
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 28 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Just to be sure is this the switch or the control unit?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
the right mirror is difficult to adjust (not impossilble) I expect it is either a coroded contact or extrememly worn. I am attempting to expose the contacts.

O.k.,I do not show a mirror control unit for your outside mirrors on this model here.The switch feeds the mirrors directly.This can be a fault with the right mirror motor assembly itself needing replaced.Below is the diagram I show on this mirror system here.Let me know if yours looks any different here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlhgsxlc6iuc053/mirr-11-13.gif?dl=0

Most likely the motor assembly is corroded or worn internally needing replaced as this is most common.I dont show the motor serviced separately from the mirror assembly as it is one complete unit.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete